Sunday, January 24, 2010

Singing a song of praise

I sat at Brainerd Hills Baptist Church tonight and watched as Emily Grace sang her song. I could not stop smiling. It is such a beautiful sight to see your child serving the Lord with the gift He has given her. I came to appreciate this more, as I was approached by a man who could barely hold back the tears as he told me how impressed he was with Emily Grace, and how real her testimony was in song. He had an understanding of where our life is right now, and was completely moved by the way Emily Grace portrayed her image of Christ in the song of praise she sang. As a parent, I look on everyday and wonder if I am doing it right....the daily routines of trying to raise godly children....and from the heart of a stranger, I am given encouragement that I just might be headed in the right direction. My prayer is that my children will keep praising their Lord and always follow Him, even when the path is narrow. I hope they will continue on and sing that song of praise!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. Love that God used that stranger to encourage you. You are doing a great job. Keep those eyes fixed on Jesus and don't swerve!!! (Heb. 10:24)

    hugs,
    steph.

    ReplyDelete