Monday, June 21, 2010

Yes, I drink Diet Coke, No I'm not on a diet

Recently I took the kids out for lunch at Cici's Pizza. School is out for summer, and occasionally we get to go out for an extra activity. We went in, payed for our lunch, received our cups, and promptly got in line for pizza. They have such a variety to pick from, and I tend to load my plate with many types. I usually want to try the different ones they have out, and sometimes I will even place an order for a specific one. On this day, I chose a couple of slices to start with, and then placed my order for their rustic style pizza. It is one of my favorites because of the thin crust and the sicilian spices they use. It is quite tasty. I then proceeded to get my drink so that I would not have to get up again too quickly after finding a place to sit. With my plate piled high ( I also had stopped by the salad bar and added this to my plate as well), I made my way to the drink station. I got my ice, and then placed my cup below my favorite drink: Diet Coke. As I pushed the cup under the fountain to fill it up, It made this loud annoying racket, drawing attention from those at the tables closest. And there I stood, slowly filling my cup with my Diet Coke, plate piled high with pepperoni pizza (it was only 2 slices), some salad, a couple of bread sticks, and Here I was getting a Diet Coke. As if this attempt to drink something with the word "diet" in it, would counteract the fact that the food choice was loaded with so many things that were not so healthy. Talk about a contradiction, lol. And with those around me staring too. Ok, they really weren't staring, but I felt like the noise the machine was making made those around me take notice and it could have made them question my "diet". As if they really had an interest in the matter. I could almost hear them saying: "geez, look at her....not a good diet plan she has.....does she really think drinking the diet drink will help her lose if she eats all that....could her plate be any fuller" And although I realize they really aren't paying me any attention, I suddenly wanted to look at those around me and yell: "Yes, I drink Diet Coke, and no, I'm not on a diet".

1 comment:

  1. i think you should have. i think the world would be a much funnier place if we all yelled out whatever we're thinking in situations like that. next time we're together, let's try it. =)

    ReplyDelete