Saturday, December 18, 2010

It is time for some fun! I have finished my shopping, and now I need to wrap some gifts and prepare the house for the kids return Christmas Eve.....this year is going to be great! So many surprises and wonderful things planned...I am having a hard time focusing on actually cleaning....oohhh something shiny! You get the picture. Lol!

The kids will meet me back at the church for the Christmas Eve service on Friday. It is a tradition I intend to keep. They enjoy the music, the story, and most of all the candle lighting (that part makes me nervous). Christmas is such a sweet time, and I want to keep our traditions true and maybe add some new ones of our own. Christmas cookies on the eve is definitely on my schedule for this year! And of course we will awake with sausage balls and juice for Christmas morning! That is one of our favorites! The house will be chaotic for awhile and then we will relax while one of the kids reads the Christmas story from the bible. I will always encourage them all to worship God...though sometimes we get caught up in the hustle bustle, they will know what the celebration is all about.

Only 6 more days, and they will be back home....wow, I better get busy! There are presents to wrap, rooms to clean, and groceries to buy....better not forget the sugar sprinkles!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds perfect! I live in chaos and secrety can't wait until Christmas is over!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. chris told me guiltily today that he can't wait till christmas is over & done with. i guess retail mgmt will kill off your christmas spirit.
    i hope you get the house all sparkly & clean before they get back. i know you will since you're not working this week & the kids aren't home & you're almost done shopping. have fun, ms gimme-a-break!

    ReplyDelete