Thursday, December 16, 2010

It's Christmas time again.....2010

It's here again....the time of year I love so very much. Last year, began a new experience for us. It was the first Christmas with me being the only parent at home. We had a great time and made it thru the year just fine. This year is still going a bit differently from what we are used to. Last year, the kids and I were still together for the whole vacation, other than the scheduled visits with their dad. This year, the kids will be staying with their dad this whole week until Christmas Eve. Not many people like change, and I am probably the worst at accepting it....lol. So now, they have left for their visit, and I am sitting here trying to figure out how things got to be so very different.

As I said, I love this time of year so very much! I love the family time, the parties, and all of the shopping in crowded malls....I know, I'm crazy...(believe me, I've been told numerous times)...but I just love to watch people and how they react to this time of year. Some are excited creatures, bumbling around from place to place, searching for just the right items for each person on their list. There are lots, who are in and out finding what they need and quickly getting back to their normal routines. Others, come in, scratch their heads, frown, and just walk around discouraged that they can't find the items they want. I love to look at all these people! Its just completely interesting! Myself? I am the bumbler...especially on Black Friday!

I love the decorations, and the gifts, and the music! I love the church services, the visits with family, and all the food! I sooo love Christmas! And though this year brings yet even more change for me and my 4 wonderful children, I will still remind them of the greatest gift that ever was. Even in our struggles, my children will know that God gave us His only son....a great and perfect gift for all.

3 comments:

  1. happy bumbling! i'm the one trying to race in and out & pretend i'm not surrounded by a million chaotic people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things change -- and continue to change! Sometimes a little "down" time, a little "me" time, is not a bad thing. A re-charging of the batteries. :-)

    Merry Christmas.

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will have a wonderful Christmas!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete