Thursday, January 13, 2011

From Checklists to Blood Donation....IT'S SURVIVAL MY FRIENDS!!!!!!

Where is the list for single women???? I mean, where do you find the checklist that tells you the next step after you sign those papers???? You know, like for such things as changing your insurance, getting the bills changed into your own name, or just a list for the items you need, or things that need to be checked on periodically at the house. As I stood in line waiting to get one of my prescriptions filled, reality hit when I came to the realization that I no longer am covered by my original insurance....meaning I couldn't get my meds, meaning I was suddenly overcome with anxiety over the things I need to get done, or changed...

Today, i spent most of the morning making phone calls to take care of such needs, and I must say that it is very overwhelming. I began my ordeal, searching online for some kind of checklist to help me remember everything.

THERE WAS NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And then the anxiety began...then the tears..........and then a moment of sheer fear that I wouldn't be able to handle it.

Then, with the help of a couple friends, I was able to breathe again. I actually smiled when one gave me a helpful dialogue to use when speaking to the ones who keep us entertained, warm and well-lit, bathed and hydrated, and covered in case of accidents to the home or car. AKA: Comcast Cable, Volunteer Electric, Savannah Valley Utilities, and State Farm.

From now on, I think that I will begin each phone call, dealing with bills as follows:

"Hello, now that my life has been ripped apart, can you tell me how to have even more of my life sucked away? And while you are at it, I might could give you some of my blood as well since you will be asking for even more of my money? You do take blood donation as payment, right? Because after I pay for the deposit you want to charge me, to change this into my name, there will be a better chance of getting blood from a turnip than finding any more money in my purse....YOU have drained THIS well dry"

I'm not sure if they will catch my drift, but even if they don't, I only have so much to give and the kids already got that....


Now, can we get these needles hooked up? I might have a drop or two left.....

2 comments:

  1. you're funny tonight. sad, but funny.
    now go eat & snack, maybe it'll help build your blood supply back up so that you can get your power bill paid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like your new look. pretty & of course, ORANGE!

    ReplyDelete