Thursday, July 29, 2010

I want to be on Wipeout!

A couple of nights ago, I sat down to watch a little T.V. on my own. The kids were visiting with their dad, and would not be home for a couple hours. As I flipped thru the stations, I came across the show Wipeout! I had heard about the show, but only seen a small bit of it a couple times. Wow! I had really missed out! I watched as these people bounced, smashed, careened, and were punched numerous times by the different obstacles on the show. I was amazed! This was a particularly long show for the evening, and the more I watched, the more I wanted to try it. The big balls were my favorite. I found myself contemplatng just how I would make it across. I had already realized the motivator that smashes you into starting the course if you wait to long, so I knew I would have to just go with it and race to the finish. I would start running immediately, as I know I would need to keep up speed to bounce just right on each of the balls. I can picture myself as I jump and bounce directly to the middle of the ball and kicking away from it as if on a trampoline...only to land perfectly on the next one...super mario music playing in the background as I make my way all the way...I mean, I am pretty good at super mario! This could be my chance, you know to win big money and have quite a bit of fun along the way. I REALLY could do this!

I made the mistake however, of sharing these thoughts with my children,as well as a friend who immediately burst into tears and howls of laughter, and posted immediately to facebook was a status by my oldest that her mom was crazy...imagine that! This prompted an immediate conversation about my training and how they need to post videos of my trial runs that they would secretly take...they even laughed as I stated I would need to pick out a great outfit to wear exhibiting the look of the super mario characters...and I definitely want those sound effects.....boing, boing! HAHAHA...oh well, I guess that one day if I get on the show and master those big balls, then we will see who has the last laugh!!!......Does anyone know where I can get an application?

1 comment:

  1. whoa, that would be so funny! i can't wait to hear what the announcer guys nickname you!
    and btw, have you noticed your hit counter lately?

    ReplyDelete