Sunday, August 8, 2010

Now listen here Life.........

Last night, we went to see the new Karate Kid movie. It was at the cheap theater. I decided to take the kids, since we will be heading back to the school year routine, later this week. The movie was great! Not completely like the one I remember with "Mr. Miyagi", or "Daniel san", but just really good. At one point in the movie, "Dre" reminds his teacher of something he had taught him...He said "Life can knock you down, but you can choose whether or not to get back up"...This quote got me thinking about where life has brought me. Life has certainly got me down quite a bit lately. Daily, I face different trials with what life has dealt me. And a through a lot of those trials, I have not chosen to get back up very quickly. I usually look around waiting for something nice to set me back on my feet, but all along it has been my choice to get back up and keep pushing forward. So that is my goal, and though there will be setbacks, I want to choose to get back up and say "now lisen here, life......you're not gonna keep me down for long. I have a God who cares! I have friends and famiy who love me! And those are good enough reasons to get back up and keep going"...Amazing how we can learn these lessons on a typical family outing to the movies.

Now, on another note.....Karate Kid might not be the wisest choice later in the evening for two rambunctious little boys. Especially if you ant to get to the car at a normal pace, instead of kung fu fighting every step along the way. :-)

1 comment:

  1. haha! your crazy boys!
    and i'm glad you keep getting back up. glad you call me & let me hoist you up by the seat of your pants when it gets to be too much to do it alone. i love you!

    ReplyDelete