Thursday, August 26, 2010

Just can't fix it....it isn't my job

I'm a fixer....plain and simple. I don't like for things to be unsettled. I want everyone to get along. I try really hard to point out the good in people, even when the good is very hard to find. I find myself thinking through things that need to be fixed, looking for the best way to create a situation of understanding. And even when I am not exactly being treated well, it is still my hope to do the right thing always. Daily I am faced with issues I just cannot fix. It is heartbreakig. I want things to be right, even in a wrong world. I am realizing more and more each day that I wasn't meant to be the fixer. I cannot make everything right.

I'm sorry...
I'm sorry that things aren't what we expected...
Sorry that life isn't going as it should...
and yet as I apologize, I am understanding that even in this imperfect world, we will be ok. And because of this realization, I smile a little more each day.
Life changed drastically a year ago....struggles arose that I wasn't sure how I would fix them. I wasn't meant to fix them. I was only expected to have faith. God has blessed me greatly over the past year. Not that He hasn't blessed me before then, but I am more aware of His provisions. He has blessed me with family and friends who in many different ways shine with His love. And for this I am truly thankful.

Yes, I am still sorry.....sorry that I couldn't make everything right.
Sorry that each day brings new challenges for the kids and myself, but grateful that I have a God that doesn't expect me to fix it. I am grateful for a loving heavenly father who is teaching me to trust Him to be the fixer. I mean afterall, does he really need my help? No, He is more than able to supply all we need without me jumping in and screwing things up.

2 comments:

  1. Jana, I just LOVE you!!! I believe I am a fixer too, but somethings are just meant to be fixed :(
    But with GOD on our side we have it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pipe down! lol! you're doing great & by this time next year it'll be feeling a lot easier than it is now. just think how much worse you felt a year ago from how you feel now! slow progress, but noticable progress just the same. love you!

    ReplyDelete