Tuesday, August 31, 2010

It's the important decisions...like garbage cans and storage totes

Have I mentioned how much I love to go to the hardware stores?????? I spent 2 hours tonight just strolling down the aisles looking at things to better my house. There are so many different things that need to be done, and though it may seem like that would be bad news, I was thoroughly enjoying the realization that I am capable of taking care of these things...whether I hire someone, or do the chore myself. For a single woman, it is very fulfilling to make decisions about lighting, shower doors, or even just a garbage can (which is what I purchased tonight).

It was SO great!!!! I LOVE hardware stores!!!!! I made my way down the aisle where the garbage cans were displayed, and there were so many to choose from. Wheels, no wheels, large oversized cans that were hard to lift, smaller cans that wouldn't hold enough for my house, and then there it was...the perfect garbage can for my needs. It had wheels, which is a plus for me, and it was a good sized can for the job. A little on the heavy side, but I was still able to lift it into my cart. And then the fun began. I could not wait to continue down the aisles with the monstrocity I had picked out on my own. However, I couldn't see over the can to steer down the aisles, so I reluctantly put my purchase at the register until my shopping was complete. I shopped a little longer before picking up a few storage totes and then decided to head home. I paid the cashier for my totes and garbage can, and when he asked if I needed help with the monster trash receptacle, I proudly said no and guided it out of the store along with my buggy full of storage containers. AND, to top off my fun-filled evening, I was thrilled to find a way to maneuver my large purchases into my van, amongst the clutter, ALL ON MY OWN!!!!!! Fun times!!!!

Oh the things that make my evening! Sometimes the smallest things can be what keeps us going. I felt like a somebody. I was able to make decisions, and they were important ones...I mean really, you can't pick just ANY garbage can!!!!

I LOVE HARDWARE STORES!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. you did good. you made a decision for your household that you feel comfortable with & you had fun while doing it. now i just hope it works out better than... REX!

    ReplyDelete