Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Closed Doors and Open Windows.......Ships and Limos

Sometimes, when you're standing on the seashore waiting for your ship to come in, the
limo God sent you is in the parking lot with the engine running. Such a statement of
truth. How many times do we search for perfection, or something that resembles it?
We all have an idea of what we think "our" perfect is, but what if we are wrong?
Many times I think we get so caught up in the search, that we don't realize what God has placed right in front of our eyes.....or maybe we are just scared to accept it, afraid that it will be swiped from our grasp right about the time we get comfortable. It brings to mind the closed doors and open windows approach on life. I have experienced this fear firsthand....God has put it right there, but I have turned my head, unwilling to accept that He has provided once again for fear that I have misunderstood the plan, or that it will just end up the same as I have already experienced. I have allowed my past to creep into my future, and with that, has come doubt. And with doubt, comes heartache....none of which any of us want....but what if we are wrong....what if God is basically handing it out to us...free for the taking and we are too busy looking for something that isn't really for us? Oh how I have fallen into this routine...


Today, that needs to change....today I think I want to take the "limo" for a
spin....seriously (I mean it really, I actually get a little seasick on a boat
anyway)

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment