Thursday, September 30, 2010

laughter is good

I love my family! They make me smile often with the things they say. Recently both boys came out with the same shared feelings about school. "Its not that we don't like school mom, we actually think its kinda fun. Its the work we don't like" lol...if they didn't have to do work, school would be their favorite place to go...hehehe. My girls tend to come out with their own silly thoughts. Once upon a time, Abby Claire told my friend Sherilin that she wished I was a little mouse, so that she could stomp on me. Wow! I must have made her mad that day, and though that could have hurt my feelings, I chose to see her creativity instead. :) Emily Grace, as the oldest, has had more opportunity to share her humor with me. My favorite is the ritual of bedtime. There always seemed to be some form of fear that caused her to worry each night. These fears would range from thinking her heart wasn't beating to thinking her eyeballs were loose and might fall out, to fearing monkeys might get her in her bed. Every night, would again be the attempt to console and then quickly turn to leave because the laughter was being stifled. Oh yes, these kiddos bring me smiles, and I'm sure there will be even more grins and giggles as they grow and mature.

3 comments:

  1. loose eyeballs? rabid monkeys? lmao!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Monkey fear is not funny! I am scared of Monkeys and Bears! Oh My! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I have permission to tease Bernice about the rabid monkeys at her next rehearsal??

    ReplyDelete